A quick and easy way to assign materials to a large group is to assign them by group. Any user who is associated to the group will be sent the task to complete. This is important to remember not only when setting up your groups, but also when assigning out tasks by group.
Materials that are available for task assignment include:
- Training Center
- Inspection Checklists
- Best Practice Assessments (BPAs)
Some Things to Keep in Mind
- If a task is assigned out to a group, the task can only be unassigned from the group, not an individual user in that group.
- If you add a user to a group and they complete training and then they are removed from that group and added to a new group with the same training assignments, they will have to complete the training again. For example, if you have an individual in group A and they complete the training on "Security Awareness" and then you remove that individual from group A and add them to group B, who also has the "Security Awareness" training, then that user will be required to take that training again.
- If a user is a member of group A and completes a training as part of that group and is then added to group B who has the same training assignments (but the user is STILL a member of group A) then that user will not automatically be required to retake the training.
- If a user is added to a group, that user will be assigned all "Active" training that group has been assigned, seeing as that they are no longer a member of another group where they have previously completed that training.
- If you assign a task to a user individually and they complete it, and then add that individual to a group with the same task assignment, that user will not be assigned the task again.
How to Assign Tasks
To assign material by group, follow the steps below:
- Select the material you'd like to assign; in this case, we'll assign a training topic.
- Choose a training topic.
- Scroll to the bottom of the training material and select "Add Recipients" in the "Recipients" box.
- When prompted to add recipients, select "Group" from the drop down menu.
Your existing groups will be displayed. Select the group that you would like to assign the material to.
- Your selection will be saved in the list below. At this point you can select more groups or individual users, using the same drop down previously used.
Select the save button. Your page will refresh with a notification that the recipients have been added to the material.
Scroll to the bottom of the material to review the recipients. Your group will be included.
Clicking on the group provides detailed information about the status of the material for each user assigned to the group.
To send notifications to each user informing them of a task they must complete, the material must be activated. In the blue bar located at the top of the training, click on "Activate Course". A pop up will show you how many users will be sent a task notification and ask you to verify that this is your intention.
Once activated, the assignment is complete. Each user will receive their notification. Additional groups or users may be added to the material while in the Active status, as needed.