We’re excited to announce changes to RiskTool’s main dashboard and navigation. Customer feedback indicated that managing users and quickly accessing the administrative features of the various modules are the two most frequently conducted activities within the system.
Using that feedback, we made some improvements to the system for a more intuitive and user-friendly experience. With this release, the following changes to the main dashboard and navigation have been implemented:
Updated the Main Navigation Links - When clicking the main navigation links, you'll now be directed to administrative functions for managing the content of each respective module. In the past, this link directed you to the respective dashboard for each module where you would then have to click on an administration link. We've removed that extra click, allowing you to get right to what you need, faster. You'll still be able to view Training by clicking on the donut chart on the main dashboard to dive into that specific module.
Added a “Manage Users” Button - Managing users is one of the most important and frequently used modules in RiskTool. Understanding that our users were having to navigate a three-step process (clicking the top admin menu, then finding the Users module on the list and finally clicking into it) was an inefficient use of their time. Now, you can get what you need via a single click.
Added a “Manage” Drop-Down Menu - Managing your training, policies, inspection checklists and assessments is another one of the more widely used administrative features in RiskTool. If you currently have the ability to manage these functions, you'll now be able to do it directly from this drop down at the top of the dashboard. You can still dive into each modules specific dashboard by clicking on the donut chart of your desired module.
Added a “Users” Module - We've removed the users module from the administrative gear icon in the main header and placed it in the more prominent main navigation on the left-hand side. This menu item comes equipped with a drop-down menu, allowing you to quickly jump to and manage features of the main Users, User Groups or User Roles pages. The administrative gear icon at the top is now reserved for system-level feature topics, modules, and look and feel settings.
Each of these enhancements is shown in the screenshot below with its correlating number.
The above improvements are just a few of the new user-interface enhancements we have planned over the next few months to make your interaction with RiskTool more intuitive and user friendly. Additionally, we are working on the following development items which will be available in October:
- New icons for all main navigational elements - We've reached out to customers and engaged them on some custom icons that should make the system more instinctual.
- New icons for all sub navigation and table elements - We're redesigning the icons on our list pages to be more stylish and in line with today's design schemes.
- Multi-selection of titles from the catalog - Administrators and managers will be allowed to select multiple titles from the catalog in order to quickly copy them over to their list of content.
- Moving system messages into the header - Messages currently reside hidden in the user's profile, so we're moving them into a more prominent area at the header for higher visibility and one-click access.
- Adding a "Create" and "Catalog" button to the top of each Module Administration Page - We'll be highlighting the ability to interact with these two widely used functions, allowing you to add content to your Training, Policies, Inspection Checklists or Assessments.
- Donut graph legends - Each page that contains a donut chart will have a legend associated to it, helping you delineate which color schemes match the data point without having to hover over the graph.
- Sub-navigation elements on each main navigation module item - When a main navigational module is clicked, you'll be able to quickly access the different areas - including the catalog, your list of titles or the dashboard - right from the main navigation.